Thursday, August 04, 2005

a creature of habit and a decision

so we have been madly rehearsing for our performance of "Grease" for the past month with the opening performance coming up next week. it will be so much fun! i get to wear an actual poodle skirt circa 1952 that dramatically opens up when i twirl. i have begun thinking once it's over, what will be next. the options are endless and yet i am considering making it something poetry-intensive. i love projects and easily get bored if i do the same thing all the time (which is why my job is a great fit). originally when i pursued journalism, that was also an element about j-work that i loved- constant learning and stimulation. i think i get it from my dad, who also works on project to project bases. it can be difficult for me to finish a project if my stimulation level drops dramatically in my personal life, case in point my "Garden State Companion Reader" i made for my friend ryan that only took 7 months...

i also made the decision to go to my 10 year high school reunion. this is significant only because of when the reunion falls. first, i will be flying to DC to set up our booth for a natural foods expo, weds. night; then spending five hours setting it up with my colleague charlie thursday; after which i will set off for the airport to fly to dallas arriving in the wee hours before midnight. the trip to dallas will have me there for around a day and a few hours. but i always felt like if i was in the country, i would want to go to the reunion. my graduating class was fairly small and probably sadistically i want to see where everyone is at in their lives and what they are like. should be fun and entertaining... i'll keep you posted for sure.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous Nerd said...

Hey Annelies,
Don't know if you remember me or not but hope things are going well. I completely blew off my 10 year reunion. I followed your blog here from Faith's and anything that taps into the Gypsy Spirit has to be cool. Except maybe Tarot cards. Take care.

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home