Tuesday, March 15, 2005

trois

lest i fail to mention, in continuation of my entry entitled: "me: surrogate mother, part deux", the eldest daughter did finally come home, after church, sunday. we had a very good, but strong conversation. and yesterday all seemed to be back to "normal." she and her sister were fighting and yet the eldest cooked dinner for the two of them while i skirted off to clg. tonight we are going to go out and enjoy being together since their parents come home friday and i will be in l.a. thursday until next monday.

the eldest asked me last night, upon my return to clg if i missed being in my house. i paused and reflected on what kind of answer to give.

"well, kind of. but for the most part no. i mean this week and a half has been filled with some challenges to be sure, but it's had some really great moments. it's like sweet and sour chicken, it wouldn't be the same if it was just sweet or just sour. it needs both."

she seemed to accept the answer and went back to watching "wwf: smackdown" and i padded down the hallway to crawl in bed and watch csi: miami.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sandra Vahtel said...

you're coming to LA? are you going to have time to get together? :)

9:45 AM  
Blogger annelies said...

yes and yes. in fact you should come to the show for a bit- lots of natural, vegetarian fare and products. let's say saturday?
ths show is from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. if you come at five, you could walk the show and check it out- which should be fun. just call me on my cell. it's at the anaheim convention center on w. katella.

then we can grab dinner afterwards. let me know...

10:09 AM  
Blogger Sandra Vahtel said...

Sure. My roomie is having a knitting party (exciting, I know) in the afternoon, so I feel I should be here for some of that, but five sounds good, as does dinner afterward.

Anaheim's FAR. But I'll get down there.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home