Monday, November 29, 2004

just barely

i almost missed my return plane to SF, coming back from holidays with the family in TX.
i was harassing my mom at around 1 a.m. and she kept urging me to check my return info but i was pretty stinking sure that i was coming back on tuesday morning. we had all these great things planned for monday. she got a commendation from the city of dallas for her service to the city; we would head down to the original neimans for lunch in downtown and then pop over to the hotel adolphus to see one of my favorite tea sommeliers- good day right? and then we would be having dinner with my aunt and cousin, and even later we would drop by my Dad's for tea and coffee.

never happened. a big pipedream. i found out at 2 a.m. that i was supposed to return to SF monday morning--- in a mere 4 HOURS i had to be at the airport. so we both ended up sleeping 2.5, what with packing, washing clothes and late night chats, which are by far the best.

1 Comments:

Blogger MezzoCO said...

ha ha ha! ummm...what was that you were saying about 'not being too good with the whole flight-arrangement' thing? hee hee! see you next week! glad you had a good time!

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home