Saturday, September 02, 2006

the time draws nigh

i should be in bed asleep, the whir of my fan lulling me into the state of unconsicousness and surreal dreams, but lo, i am painting my nails and in the throes of some last minute note taking on greece... greece. this is my rite of passage both figuratively and literally. i desired a different signmarker to usher in my 30th birthday and chose exploring one of the most ancient civilizations with my best friend.

i feel as prepared as i can be for this trip, as if upon stepping onto the boat i will be stepping further into my imminently 30-something self. it has begun already in small and big ways and choices over the year, especially in the last few weeks. i am making decisions for my immediately future self that will have long-term impact. "myself" is yearning for more than what the 20s held, though they were excellent years.

katy and i have traveled together before, several times. we know each other's m.o. and i look forward to enjoying all the great anecdotal moments that will come of this trip, akin to the e.r. experience at 3 a.m. because of the cats in our host home in boston, but that's another story for another blog.

and so i sign out, until i return. oupa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home